Old 05-08-2004, 02:56 AM
BenignVanilla

Default floating plants

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

"pete" wrote in message
I have a small (250 gallon) pond, with an approximately 10 gallon

upper
pond, that feeds water down a waterfall into the main pond. In the past

have used water hyacinths in the upper pond to "strain' the water, and

it
has worked well. Are there other floating plants that could be used in

the
same way - just for a little variety?

Water lettuce is nice. I use it in my settling tank. They get huge.

snip

The WH are the better plant for filtering. The roots are much denser then
the lettuce, but the lettuce are a close second. Ingrid has had great
success with water celery. That would work too. Watercress is cheap, and
also grows very dense in moving water.

BV.