Old 08-08-2004, 05:49 PM
chagoi

Default Wish me luck

gng wrote:

It works - though I would like a bit more flow. The pond is fitted with
1.5" tubing. Would upgrading to 2" make a difference?
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message

Wishes, and good vibes, sent your way! ~ jan )

Today I attempt to install a new Sequence 7200 pump on my 2500 gallon

pond.

Will keep you posted and post some pics when done. Keep your fingers
crossed that Murphy's Law is broken today.....

Gary

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

larger pipe = less restriction = more flow

I know this is for PVC, but it shows the relationship between different
sizes

Table1: Saturation Flow Rates for Schedule 40 PVC
Pipe Size Approximate Saturation Flow Rate
1 inch 25 GPM 1500 GPH
1 ½ inch 60 GPM 3600 GPH
2 inch 150 GPM 9000 GPH

Table 2: Maximum Recommended Flow Rates And Pump Sizes
for Various Pipe Sizes
Pipe Size Max Pump Size Approx. Flow Rate with Max Pump Size
1 inch 1/3 hp 15 GPM 900 GPH
1 ¼ inch ½ hp 25 GPM 2100 GPH
1 ½ inch ½ hp 45 GPM 2700 GPH
2 inch 1 hp 75 GPM 4500 GPH