Old 03-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Charles

Default azponds ?

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:02:49 GMT, Grumpy wrote:

snip

Your setup looks really nice. What I know about Koi filters is "use
lots of filtration."

I plan on a uv, bio, and mechanical (gravel?)

Gravel - never again. I used lava rock, it worked well until time to
clean it out, I wore my fingers down a bit. I'd go with one of the
plastic media things. Are there koi shops around your area? check
with them as to what they use, not what they sell.

I just have goldfish and water lilies, nowhere near as elaborate as
what you have planned.

From the picture it's not clear how sturdy the cement blocks are.
They won't shift over time, will they? the wooden fence shouldn't be
counted on for support, I think.

Cemented and rebarbed with a gap from the fence

I don't mean to be negative about what you are doing, I worked as a
technician most of my life and my tendency is to look for things that
might go wrong and try to see what can be done to prevent problems.
I caused a lot of people a lot of grief along the way.

I'm known as a technician in my field. When things break, a lot of
people tend to get annoyed, mainly the passengers inside the airplane.
:-)

--

- Charles
-