Old 03-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Barbara2245

Default Too much sun for WH

John Bachman wrote in message . ..
I notice that the water hyacinth in my main pond is not nearly as
green as those in a smaller pool that is in my waterfall stream. The
pool hyacinths are deep green and are even flowering while the main
pond hyacinths are lime green - yellow.

The pool is partly shaded by some grasses nearby but the main pond
gets full sun.

Is it possible that WH wants only partial sun?

TIA

John

Take some of them out to a tub of water and Miracle Grow for a two
week vacation. This year I bought water lettuce and yesterday it
escaped the hula hoop I kept it correled in. Hyacinths like to be
crowded together too. happy water gardening.