Old 04-08-2004, 01:28 AM
bluegill phil

Default Filtration

Air made the difference on my water.Grubbers link venturi is cheap,
uses otherwise wasted energy of the pump output, and is nonmaintaince.

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:43:06 GMT, "John" wrote:

hey everyone. ive been working on my pumps and filtration methods. i used
to pump about 8 gallons a minute through a somewhat thick filter material
and within a week my pond was pretty clear. at the time the filtered water
went directly into the pond from the filter material. now, i have about
10-15 gallons per minute cascading down a waterfall and the top is filled
with hyacinth. there is no filter material now... when i use filter
material (even with the old set up) i was cleaning the material almost
everyday. i havnt had to change it all now with the hyacinth as my filters,
but the pond is completely green now. what should i be doing in order to not
be cleaning my filters everyday and get my pond back to being clean. The
filer is about 1 foot off the bottom of the pond so it doesnt pick up any
muck.. is this correct? any help is appreciated
thanx!
John