Old 09-08-2004, 01:59 AM
Jay Casey

Default Trapping and releasing squirrels

I have a family of 4-5 black squirrels that are damaging our flower beds,
pots,
and bird feeders. I have put up with them for a couple of years, but
decided
that they have to go now.

I would like to solicit your feedback on trapping and releasing them.
- What are some good "humane" traps? Manufacturer and model #?
- Can I release them any where out in the country side, or is there
governing laws and regulations regarding releasing trapped animals?
- After capturing the first one, would other squirrels figure it out and
avoid it?
They shocked me on some occasions with their intelligence and ingenuity.
- Any general tips and hints on trapping squirrels?