Old 09-08-2004, 03:14 AM
Katra

Default Looking for frog eggs for pond

In article . net,
"Grubber" wrote:

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"Russell" wrote:

Right now we have toads and tadpoles, I have no idea how many tadpoles

of
those we have. The water looks like it's moving by itsel, there are so

many
in there. But i wanted some frogs too. No idea what type of eggs I

found,
the ones I purchased were "tiger frogs" he said, but these tadpoles were
bigger the the toads ever get to in size as tadpoles.

lol That's funny.... The water moving by itself!
That presents a picture.

Suggestion tho', due to food competition, if you really want the frogs
you bought to succeed, you might want to seriously consider removing a
bunch of the toad tadpoles from your pond and relocating them elsewhere.
The shop where you bought your tadpoles might want them for resale also.
:-)

K.

If you can find a pond store that will buy toad tads, I could probably
retire, no matter what they paid. They're more common than trolls on
austin.general.

giggles That's why I left that group. ;-)
Got tired of being harrassed and the group generated _way_ too many
messages.

Build it (a pond) and they will come. I dropped a half
watermelon that was past its prime in the pond and the tads ate it down to a
paper thin shell.

Neat. :-) If I had a pond, or even had an aquarium set up, I'd buy a few
off of you! If for no other reason than to give Linda's little girl a
chance to watch the miracle of the tadpole...

Amber is 5 and as adorable and curious a little tomboy as anyone would
want! I just love to give her bugs and stuff just to see her little face
light up. sigh I have no kids of my own so I have to enjoy everybody
elses!

Hmmmmm.... They have an aquarium set up with goldfish. Will large
goldfish eat toad tads???

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...