Old 09-08-2004, 05:38 AM
Robbin

Default Large animal turds in yard?

You would be really surprised what small things the city possums can get
into -- they are just an overgrown rat, but seem to be able to get through
very small openings.

I think we should just start live trapping them and releasing them at
Victoria's place. She say's that they have a right to live there!
Personally, I don't give varmits such as rats and possums many rights when
it concerns living in my buildings!

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
escapee wrote:

Not if they are killing your poultry. :-P

I do poison rats but the possums can't get to the bait as I use bar bait
inside of suet cages and they are well covered. I use cinder blocks to
build rat bait stations. I don't like using poison and take every
precaution to make sure only the rats get it.

My border collie kills the possums......

Can't stop her from doing what comes naturally to her.

K.

Oh how desperately sad that is. I don't poison anything. They have

every
right
to be here.

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 01:29:26 -0500, "Robbin" opined:

I vote for possum also. I have had them live and reproduce in (under)

an old
brush pile (central Austin). I didn't realize there was as much room

inside
that pile as there was until they decided that my rat bait (in a

shed)would
be a good food source. I was in total denial as to how the rats could

be
eating so much bait (but I kept replenishing the supply). Then over a

few
days, I had not only a dead parent, but two (dead) offspring which were
almost full grown!

"cledus" wrote in message
m...
escapee wrote:
I took a walk around today in the back gardens which are not tamed

at
all. I
found several mounds of turds about the size of a cat, but a bit

larger.
Aside
from a cat, what else could that be? Do skunks live in brush

piles?
How big
are armadillo turds? I'm stumped. In one of the piles, there were

bunch of
berry seeds in the turds.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a
friend?

We experience the same thing. i am pretty sure it is possum. We

have a
possum that lurks about our house. I find these strewn about on a
section of the roof and below one of our oak trees.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a

friend?

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...