Old 09-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Pam Moore

Default contorted hazel

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:18:17 +0100, "mikey mike"
wrote:

corylus avellana contorta - or so it says on the label !

we've had it since february, and it has grown one 'new' branch - but the new
branch it straight - what should we do, leave it or lop it ?

Yes, cut off the straight branch. They grow more strongly than the
twisted ones and need to be cut ASAP, right to the base.
They are much more attractive in winter than in summer!
I would give it a general feed of something like Phostrogen rather
than too high a nitrogen feed at this time of year.

Pam in Bristol