Old 24-06-2004, 02:01 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Info about plants millions of years ago

ByoBlu schreef
I'm not an expert: therefor I came here since I believe you all are the

right people to speak to. I'm writing a fantasy book and have to collect a
reasonable amount of information about life 200 mya.

+ + +
That is hard, a fantasy book requires quite a bit of information on plants
before you can develop a reasonably fantasy based on these. I am sure there
is a lot of information available, but it is a world apart. None of the
plants that are now widespread did exist then. It may well be that less than
a thousand species that did then exist has survived till now
PvR
+ + +

I have to discover what plants, vegetables, grass and so on would you

have found if living there, and if they were acceptable food or was it
necessary to cook or treat it to eliminate poison. Any other information,
even ideas, or useful relevant links is very appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Claudio