Old 29-06-2004, 02:53 AM
Cereus-validus

Default a very red clover plant

You're not paying attention, Irish.

I already identified it as Oxalis corniculata 'Atropurpurea', a very common
weed in cultivation.

There is no doubt that Archie is a total botanical illiterate but you don't
get partial credit for getting it part right.

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
It has a small yellow flower, bell shaped forming.

What you are looking at is Oxalis. I don't remember the name of the

species
around here. Oxalis is not clover, and is not related to it at all. See

the
difference in the flowers? The kind of Oxalis you see in the grass is

nothing
but an invasive weed.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40