killers. Or you could look on the bright side: it's edible, and if you
do nothing, you will have a plot of tart, tasty potherbs where your
lawn used to be.

This monster consistently makes it onto gardeners' lists of most
intractable weeds, up there with malefactors like bindweed and spotted
spurge.

--
Chris Green

Yes, thanks, it is oxalis. This time I made a search on "purple oxalis" and found a picture
similar to these plants. Mine are more reddish than purple. But I would have guessed it was a
clover.

Actually there is no weed that I am scared of, and I never spray weeds. I do mow them. That is
why I like weeds because everytime I mow, I consider it more of fertilizing the nearby trees and
plants than mowing. If I have a pesky spot in the grounds where the grasses and weeds grow too
fast, well then I take the ultimate measure by planting some tree nearby that shades the ground
and the tough weeds and grasses vanish in due time. I had a bind weed problem 4 years ago in my
front yard and now that the apricot trees are 10 feet high no more bind weed there.

For years I have been fighting brome grass patch that grows twice as fast as my other lawns.
Until about this year as the black-walnuts are getting in height and beginning to shade out the
brome grass patch.

But I do have a problem with this ground ivy in spots should I ever consider it a problem. For
now I like it because it needs little mowing until the sparse grass in amoungst the ivy gets too
high. The problem is that if I begin to dislike the ivy it is already shaded by trees so that
more trees would not solve it, but I sort of like the ivy with its sea-like blue flowers that my
lawn looks like a sea or ocean.

At the moment I do have problems with a patch of onions being overrun by bindweed. I have
decided to transplant the onions in a row of concreteblock holes so that I can control the
weeds.

By the way, strawberries do great in rows of concrete block and they send their runners out so
that I just conveniently walk up and down the rows plucking the runners and planting them into a
new block hole. And the strawberry in a block hole grows to the point where it crowds out all
other weeds and grasses so that each block hole has a pretty strawberry plant and they are easy
to water because the block retains the water.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.archimedesplutonium.com
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
whole entire Universe is just one big atom where dots
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies