Old 01-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Iris Cohen

Default flaw in Brain

All you say is quite so, but AP's correspondence suggests Asperger's
Syndrome much more strongly than schizophrenia to me.

Could be. I am not that familiar with Asperger's, except I understand it is a
mild form of autism. My granddaughter has ADHD, and some authorities believe
the two are distantly related.

But of course no kind of mental disorder can be diagnosed with any kind of
assurance from writings alone.

Of course. I admit I am guessing. The main point is that the poor fellow is not
all there, & we should ignore him when he gets silly, but not make fun of him.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)