Old 26-07-2004, 10:14 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default interesting flower

Bernhard Kuemel schreef
Well, the branches are rather thin and pointy, that's what I

meant with 'it looks like needles.' And as there are no leaves in
the broad and flat sense, I thought that are leaves.

BTW, any other leaves in the background are from other plants.

+ + +
The leaves should be a little further down the stem and look a little more
like leaves
http://www.trq.nl/school/herbarium.p...&TYPE=Nigella%
20damascena
+ + +

designed to attract the attention (and it does! What more do you want?).

Really? The branches attract attention? Well, my attention, but
any other attention? Like bud leaves attract insects to spread
pollen. Fruit attracts animals to carry away and spread seeds.

+ + +
Who is talking about branches?
It is not only your attention, but also that of all those gardeners and
other plant lovers ;-). A little wind will produce a quite noticeable effect
to insects (these are hard-wired to notice movement), and this adds to the
attention that the flower gets.
PvR