Old 03-08-2004, 03:33 AM
Cereus-validus

Default White wildflower in northern NJ

Yada, yada, yada.

Get back to us when you grow a brain.

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
om...
"Cereus-validus" wrote in message

om...
Wake up, Mikey, and don't be such a gimp.

There are so many wild flower books out there that even a trained chimp
could easily identify such a common plant without trying very hard.

The very fact that the plant smells like a carrot would be a blatant

clue to
its identity even to a blind man.

So your wussy excuses have absolutely no merit at all. Especially since

you
made absolutely no effort in trying to identify the plant yourself.

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
om...
"Cereus-validus" wrote in message

om...
Shame on you for not knowing this very common plant.

Oh, come on! That's no way to treat a willing learner who asks a clear
question and provides good photographic evidence. The carrot family
can be tricky for a beginner, even with a field guide in hand, and
people need confirmation along the way.

Mike.

Well, since you had identified the plant perfectly adequately, there
would have been no point in repeating the information.

Smell is only one clue, and it's not reliable on its own; I imagine
many blind people would agree. As I said, learners need confirmation
of their diagnoses.

You no doubt take the attitude which suits your purposes; but I'd like
to see more people joining this very slow group rather than being put
off by insults from total strangers.

Mike.