Old 07-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Mickey

Default Pond Skimmer Problem

I have had no luck with any of those aftermarket skimmer either. How about
fishing weights? You could get a bag and attach more until the basket sinks
and the skimmer does not. What are the recommended flow rates for the
skimmer and what pump do you have? It may be you have a low flow rate and
are able to suck the basket down and hold it in place.

"Jerry G" wrote in message
om...
Curious to know if anyone else has ever had this problem. I have a
CPS SK-1 skimmer on the side of my pond. The unit floats on top of
the water (tethered to the side). The problem is that the inside
strainer basket(made of abs plastic) floats inside of the housing
about 3/4 of an inch. Small goldfish, and other small objects end up
going to the pump as they get sucked in underneath the strainer
basket.

I called the manufacturer, and they suggested putting a small rock in
the unit to hold it down. Problem is, a small rock will not keep the
strainer basket from floating, a large rock will sink the entire
skimmer.

After spending $92.00 for the skimmer, the strainer should be made to
snap in place.....if I wanted to Mickey Mouse the pond, I would have
done that in the first place.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?