Old 09-08-2004, 08:19 PM
curiosity

Default Can someone identify this please?

apologies if this is becoming a bore but I was poking around wondering if there
might be a name-tag at the bottom of the plant - it turns out not but I did
notice that for what seems like a modestly-sized shrub, the main stem is
extremely stout (2-3ins dia.) with lesser but not-insignificant other stems also
emerging at ground level - similar to the way a hazel grows. Given that the
plant, as I've mentioned, is roughly spheroid and about 5 feet dia and that its
base structure is vastly stouter than the similar volume but slenderly built
pittosporum I remember, might this be further reinforcement for the magnolia
theory?