Old 10-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Ka30P

Default Vader's dead -maybe pond is sick!

Hold the phone.
Too technical?

We need the exact water test readings because people will see just a bit of
ammonia showing and think, well, just a bit that's okay and any ammonia isn't
good.

Do you know if you have goldfish or koi? It makes a huge difference in the long
run.

How long has the fish pond been in the pond is important because if this is a
new fish he could have been sick when you put him in and the rest of your fish
are at risk. If he is a long time resident then there are other things to look
at. We need information because we can't just tell you anything from the fact
the fish is dead.

How old is the pond? If this is a brand new pond and you just put the fish in
they may have died from chlorine or chloramine poisoning. Also helps us know
how long you've been at this and where you are in the learning curve.

How many gallons. You could have overstocked this pond and your fish will
continue to die.

What did the dead fish look like. Well, what did he look like?
Scales sticking out, covered with white goop, hole in his side?
Anything?

kathy :-)
algae primer