Old 10-08-2004, 02:34 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Aquatic plant clearance at Lowes

"Go Fig" wrote in message

When I buy a citrus tree, I shop for the exact species, the same for
gardenias, azaleas and the same goes for lilies for me.

$4.50 is real cheap, but if you get 8 flowers all season, thats a high
cost per flower.

$$ If I got only 8 flowers per season I would blame myself - not the lily.
They bloom like crazy if they're in the sun and fertilized regularly. I
use Rose Spikes problem into thirds and a clay soil under 2" of pea gravel.
The little mini from Wally-World has no less than 2 flowers all the time.
Sometimes it has 3 open blooms at the same time for example. The red lily
has been blooming since mid June. It usually has one or two flowers, skips
a few days and has several more.....

I can luckily grow Tropicals where I live, and I will
get maybe 10x+ the flowers that a hardy will produce... if flowers are
your goal... a little more $$ upfront may be well worth the investment.

$$ Your climate may be too HOT for hardy lilies. Some people, including
myself, have no interest in tropicals that need constant replacement. My
hardies last for years if divided every year. I still have the original
yellows (they all had names which I have long since forgotten) which blooms
from mid spring to frost. :-)
--
Carol....
"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend