Old 10-08-2004, 05:15 AM
Gabrielle

Default how long to cure liner splice?

I'm about to splice 2 liners together - my old one and a new addition - but I'm wondering how long the silicone, tape and liner prep should cure before allowing the fish's water to touch it. Ideas?

At least as long the manufacturer recommends. I let my stream run before the 24 hours that the seam tape manufacturer recommended. I have a leak to this day.

BV.

Now you tell me! I just finished reseaming the liner from my little
veggie filter to the stream. Only let it cure... oh, maybe five minutes
the first time. This time I gave it three hours, then covered the seam
with another layer of adhesive with a strip of liner on top of that,
then taped it all down with black plastic tape. So far, no noticeable
leaks -- except where the stream overflowed on the sides and that is
fixed. Of course, it's only been 36 hours . . .

Gabrielle, wishing she'd really read the directions