Old 10-08-2004, 08:19 AM
gary davis

Default Wooly Aphids - Help Required

"Jean" wrote in message

Dear All,

This is my first post, so a big hello to you all out there.

I am having some difficulties getting rid of wooly aphids on my
phyracantha - they are taking over. I have tried pressure hosing and
various chemical preparations but they are still winning the war so any
ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Best wishes,

Jean.

--
Jean

On 8/7/04 3:35 PM, in article , "Troglodyte"

wrote:

I have had good success with a plain (not anti-bac.) washing-up liquid in
water. It is sprayed finely under the leaves (point the nozzle upward). I
cleared a long beach hedge completely this way 4 weeks ago, no return!

Neil
www.conceptgardens.com

Just what are wooly aphids...?...Aphids from Siberia where it is really
cold??? If they are aphid type aphids then dish soap...or washing-up
liquid (these are the same thing aren't they?) will work. The soap will
suffocate the aphids and then use a hardish water spray to knock them of the
plant...they will suffocate and still look like they are 'there'! But they
will be dead...I AM assuming that wooly aphids are just aphids...from
Siberia! I am teasing but if wooly aphids are something other than aphids,
please let me know. And I apologize for not knowing...good luck.
Gary
Fort Langley, BC Canada
PS: A 'pistol grip' sprayer will work upside down if you remove the little
tube that runs to the bottom. Save the tube as you may want to spray in the
upright position later...

To reply please remove...yoursocks...