Old 10-08-2004, 08:06 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default rhododendron not looking healthy ..?

"al" wrote in message
. uk...

"Sacha" wrote in message
Water it well, let it drain well etc. But don't just give it a quick
squirt from the hose - really saturate it and then do the same again

next
morning or evening, until nature starts to do it for you.
--

Well .. not wanting to wash away the soil or anything ... but I did water

it
pretty much directly for a good 5 minutes yesterday (and kept coming back
over it briefly during about the next 20 mins while I watered the rest of
the front). That may not sound like much, but it's a lot of direct water
from a hose (nozzle of course or I'd have just jet-washed it out of the
bed!). The soil, if I managed to stop it from ponding too much, is quite
happy to drink what seems like an infinite amount of water!

Am I better off doing this on Saturday and Sunday so it's thoroughly
drenched and then leaving it for the week to dry out a bit before

repeating
the cycle?

I am still not seeing all the posts but has anyone mentioned the possibility
that you have hard water? if you have, it won't thank you for that and you
will need to collect rain water for it.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk