Old 10-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Nick Gray

Default contorted hazel

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 16:49:53 +0100, Nick Gray wrote:

I'm pretty sure that corkscrew hazel (AKA Harry Lauder's Walking Stick)
aren't grafted...

Every one I've ever seen for sale here is grafted or budded.
--
Rodger Whitlock

Hi Rodger,

I thought I would check my reference books. According to my RHS Pruning and
Training book, it says "Corkscrew hazels and willows are ungrafted". However
I'm willing to accept that demand is probably outstriping supply, so
nurserymen are grafting contorta onto other rootstock, in order to try to
meet this demand.

Sorry for any confusion that I may have caused.

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk