Old 10-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Crashj

Default Algae primer test

"chagoi" wrote in message
Crashj wrote:

Hey, you with the smirk, runnin' down the hall, WHERE IS YOUR PASS,

MISTER?

Better watch out Crashj, I'll run down the hall (known as I-78W) and be
in your homeroom in 1.5 hours. And we can serve detention together,
working on your pond. :-)

Any time, Mister! Just be sure you bring enough plants for everybody. If you
don't like Yuengling Lager Lite, BYOB.
Actually the pond is full and is merrily cycling away. We were in NC for the
last half of the week and there was a big storm here. We came home to a big
green puddle with a lawn chair in it and no visible fountain. Not to worry,
thought, it is all back in progress.
The strange part is the intake filter (a Tetra PF1 submersible) floated to
the top!? The neighbor fortunately unplugged the pump. I will drill a small
hole in the bottom of the box and add a big rock so this does not happen
again. The quilting must have trapped some air as it was bubbling all day
but this has stopped.
Since it is late in the season I am not going to buy a lot of plants. I did
get four iris at Lowes, and a couple of liliypads-in-a-box at Home Depot.
The WH from the local garden shop is crapola, but the lettuce has five
babies. I am going for iron today.
--
Crashj