Old 10-08-2004, 05:22 PM
John

Default How best to fix it

In article k.net,
"Nedra" writes:

Hi Nedra,

I have a PF3000 that is rated to clear a 3000 gallon pond. It doesn't work -
probably would work for a 1,500 gallon pond. In other words, just half the
amount of pond water you want to clear for anything sold commercially.

Good tip to know. I assume "doesn't work" means, "water still contained
particulate matter". If it means, "water was still green", for the money
you paid you could have gotten a PL2800 filter with 18W UV bulb. It, too,
would have required 1200GPH. But I'm sure you're years ahead of me in
the, "Been there, done that, and now everything works fine" department.

I think you should build the Skippy. You'll be alot happier with it.

As with any endeavor any more, the best solution incorporates frugality
while pandering to my inherent laziness. The skippy filter does indeed
qualify. I'm hoping, though, that I don't need a filter half the size
of my pond. Though, a smaller skippy might just...

Your pond is so cute. I'll bet you have some happy hours around it ...

"Around it" is how the dogs chase each other. "Happy hours" is how much
time we spend watching them through the edge of a margarita glass.

John