Old 10-08-2004, 05:49 PM
George

Default tubing

"Crashj" wrote in message
hlink.net...
"George" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message
om...
I can't quite figure out the tubing thing: many sites recommend the
black spiral tubing

The tubing use is clear polyehtylene, [sp] smooth tubing.
You can buy it at any hardware store.

The big box stores carry a variety, sure, but won't the cheap stuff collapse
under suction?

Sorry about the spelling. No, the wall of the tubing I use it about 3/16 inch
thick, which is thicker than garden hose. You can also buy the same tubing with
polyester reinforcement.

The hydrodynamics of tubing have to consider the buildup of plaque or gunque
over time, too. My theory is the turbulence helps clear the walls of stuff
without restricting the flow as much as you might think.

I've used this tubing for two years with no build up.