Old 10-08-2004, 08:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default How best to fix it

If you go to my website www.jjspond.us and click on *My filter* scroll to
the bottom, you will find several flower pot filters that have worked great
on small ponds,

I wonder what's in'em?

You can fill them with what you want, some use only wadded up vinyl
screening (bulk screen door stuff). I had extra open cell foam, so I put
the scraps at the bottom and 3 oversizeds rounds on top (up flow). I squish
the rounds down on the sides so the flow has to go thru them. Mine looks
just like the others pictured on my sight, only I found a plastic garbage
can lid that fit the top perfect. So instead of the flower tray it has a
lid.

Unless it can be scaled-down. I should go review
http://www.skippysstuff.com/biofiltr.htm

Yes. Always good to do research.

My flower pot filter only took one $8 19 gallon flower pot with no holes
(you can fill them with silcone if you can't find a holeless one). A $2
PVC outlet, an a PVC garden hose type connection on the bottom. PVC runs to
the pump with a little flex hose to get free motion underneath to connect
it. The media within (I did use a plant tray up-ended with a bunch of
holes, to hold the media away from the inlet. Than a lid of some sort.
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~