Old 10-08-2004, 08:29 PM
BryanB

Default Water Hyacinth Root Pruning

Speaking of Water Hyacinths.....

One of the said Crappy Water Hyacinth plants has rather long roots and a
(in my mind) disporportionatly small green growth on top. As you can
see in the picture linked below, the roots are floating on the water
surface. There is some new growth on the plant so I'm basically
inclined to leave it be, however......

Question: Will pruning the roots of the dang thing harm the plant?
*Should* I prune the roots? (Pruning, not removing...)

Of course, if the plant's a lost cause, I'll jus' throw it into that
lovely, pristine, clear, flat, wide, huge reservoir up the road.
Surely, the nutrients in the plant will benefit something up there....

(Ok, I'm kidding about releasing the WH into the wild....)

Link: http://tinyurl.com/4bblp

--Bryan (Yes, I'm something of a newbie to the Porg...)

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Trees? | "Ho, Ho, Ho!" Santa *
* Take it out! | accused as he went *
* (Damn Viruses!) | through his list. *