Old 10-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Probably

Default lawn

That grass is never going to grow.
This is the WORST time to plant seed. Fall is the best time, then spring,
but NEVER in the dead heat of summer.
How well did you loosen up the soil? And what kind of fertilizer did you
apply? You shouldn't have done that. Any kind of fertilizer with a weed
killer in it such as "weed n feed" and the grass won't germinate.
Grass seeds ALWAYS need to be kept moist. You must water the seed every
day. I wouldn't have covered with hay, I would have covered with a product
called "penn mulch" instead.
What type of grass seed did you plant anyway?

"SCR" wrote in message
I am starting a portion of my lawn over again. I have loosened up the
soil, fertilized,
and seeded. I now have placed hay all over. Is is necessary to
continue to water when
using hay? (so far no results!)