Old 10-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default contorted hazel

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:02:38 +0100, Nick Gray wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
"....... Hi Rodger,

Suggested propagation of corkscrew hazel is by layering or removing rooted
suckers from the parent tree.

Cheers Nick ....."

Which is what I said at the start of this thread

I know, but Rodger asked the question after your post, so I answered it.

The key thing being that the contorted hazel evidently doesn't
strike from cuttings. Since my own plant is on a non-contorted
rootstock, there are no contorted suckers to dig up. Guess I'll
have to try layering a branch to see if I can get it on its own
roots; the straight-sucker problem is pretty bad -- and my
specimen is in an awkward spot for getting at to remove them.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada