Old 10-08-2004, 11:39 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Water Hyacinth

That re-arranging can stress them. Let's not forget the actual "throwing
them" theory. Take them out of one pond and toss to another, makes them
bloom (sometimes). ;o) ~ jan

I have three little crappy water hyacinth plants in a (pretty much)
brand new 70-ish gallon set-up. About 3 weeks after I plopped 'em in
(and re-arranged 'em over and over) one of the buggers bloomed. The
bloom was gone the next day.

I kinda think that might throw the "crowd 'em in!" theory if not out the
window at least toward it.

--Bryan

On 8/10/2004 7:17 AM sparklingblue let loose a lemur across the keyboard
and it typed:

Let them grow lots of babies. They don't need to be crowded but do need to
be in a long string of attached plants. That is my conclusion after some
experimenting. Mine are all blooming right now.

Sharon

"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message

My water hyacinths are beautiful and reproduce like crazy however, they
have never bloomed. OTOH, my lilies are blooming like mad along with my
anacharis and pickerel. Everything is green, luxurious and *growing*.
Any suggestions as to what I can do to get the water hyacinth to bloom?

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~