Old 11-08-2004, 02:20 AM
Iris Cohen

Default Celtis & Cannabaceae

I have ample evidence just from Iris's "signature" that her whole point of
view of Kingdom Plantae is from that of a gardener where everything must have a
"use".

Oh good grief! I forgot that on the Internet there is always someone who can't
tell when you're joking. Actually, I looked up a picture of Ptericeltis and
found that it has very attractive peeling bark. However, I am quite certain
that the only use for Welwitschia, Fouquieria columnaris, or Masdevallia
caudivolvula, is to laugh at, which is very important nowadays.
You know what poison ivy is good for, don't you? It is to keep idiots who don't
belong there out of the woods.
Iris
Not very useful by botanical standards.
Iris,