Old 11-08-2004, 05:01 AM
Go Fig

Default Aquatic plant clearance at Lowes

In article , ~ Windsong ~
wrote:

"Go Fig" wrote in message
In article , Karen
wrote:

In article , Go Fig

writes:

$4.50 is real cheap, but if you get 8 flowers all season, thats a high
cost per flower.

I bot one of those $4.50 lillies and it has been putting up flower after
flower
from about the 3rd week I put it in the pond.

Don't you think that is kinda rare for a hardy lily in its first year ?

jay

===========================
That depends on the SIZE of the cutting in the package. These were a nice
size! :-) *Small* cutting/separations I make myself usually do not bloom
well, or only have a few blooms in late summer their first year. Some have
surprised us

Yes, like I said... it is rare to get good production of blooms from
Hardy lilies in the first year.

and bloomed well after a few weeks of independent life in the
pond. Even small cutting of this Yellow variety bloom well their first
year.

There must be only like 15+ yellow hardy lilies.

Do you buy your trees and shrubs the same way... a 'yellow one'. It
makes it hard to discuss the subject with any specificity... you don't
talk about pumps in the same generic terms do you ?

jay
Tue Aug 10, 2004