Old 11-08-2004, 10:09 AM
hermine stover

Default Cure for dog urine smell outside?

I have a small fenced in grassy area next to my home for my dog to roam
around in. Lately with the summer heat it has developed the sour smell

of
urine.
Does anyone know of a simple treatment for this that is not harmful to my
dog?
Thanks

wet the area down thoroughly with some active yeast dissolved in
water. keep the area moist. if you did not have live plants there, you
could use a 10% chlorine bleach solution. Yeast is what is sold to
process the contents of septic tanks, it digests the organic waste and
thus removes the odor.

hermine