Old 11-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Gardeners Delight cherry toms

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann

notfranz.
writes
I'm lost here. I thought that Oxygen was a plant waste product.

What
does the plant do with the Oxygen you say it needs at the root

system?

It is one of the minerals taken up by the plant.

I thought that such Oxygen as a plant needs is absorbed as the Ogygen
in Carbon Dioxide through the stomata or as components of molecules or
ions which the plant takes in through the roots. I am probably just
being ignorant, but I have never heard of Oxygen being absorbed
through the roots as gaseous molecules of Ogygen..
I do know that many plants abhor waterlogged conditions, but I did not
think that that was connected with the uptake of gaseous Oxygen
molecules through the roots.

Franz