Old 11-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Shirl

Default Pepper plant help please

"Tim Challenger" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:33:18 +0100, Shirl wrote:

They do take a long time to really start growing. Cool temps and crowded
pots slow them down a lot. If you get lucky and the fruit grow big they
may
be helped by a bit of support from a small stick. Once the fruit start
developing they grow fast - like tomatoes, try not to water them
erratically as they can split or get blossom-end rot. Otherwise they're
pretty low-maintenance plants. Good luck.

--
Tim C.

Thanks again Tim.

I see, I thought it was due to my neighbours trees blocking out all my sun
on the greenhouse that the plant did nothing at all for weeks. A support is
a good idea, the plant is quite tall with a thinnish stalk so I shall put in
a cane.

Shirl