Old 11-08-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Do dragonflies bite/sting?

My kids and I are always holding our fingers up when we are in the
swimming pool, to allow the dragonflies to land on our fingers. It
has become a game to see who can entice the most dragonflies to land
on thier fingers or hands. We have never heard of anyone being
injured by a dragonfly. And I am pretty sure they eat other bugs,
possibly even mosquitos.

Don't be afraid of dragonflies, they are very nice to humans and
pretty to look at up close too.

Norman

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:55:58 -0500, "Pam Gibbs"
wrote:

We have always had a few small ones around the yard but I just saw one at
the new pond that was as big as my hand and was hovering in front of me,
looking me over like hummingbirds do, but way more intimidating than
hummingbirds. So do dragonflies have any method of injuring people?