Old 11-08-2004, 09:40 PM
madgardener

Default OK To Cut Back Spent Crocosmia?

bulbs or corms from seed take three years..........and yes those grids at
Lowes are a good investment. Check to see if Wally world has them in their
nursery department and reduced. Better chance to get them cheaper. I used
to and still use those three ringed tomato cages and cut them with wire
cutters to use as small supports for some perennials. This year I've
resorted to usiing anything that will brace up things.......I have a swamp
sunflower that is threatening to take out my car LOL
madgardener

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
I don't do anything to mine until the leaves turn completely brown and
loosen from the corms.

That's what I thought. Pretty unsightly though. :/

These things tend to flop all over.

Sure enough. In fact, many things in my garden were very floppy this
year, including the Black Eyed Susans and Coreopsis. Guess it's time
to invest in some supports.

One more question... the Crocosmia is laden with seeds. Is this a
good way to propogate it, or does it take too long for a Crocosmia
grown from seed to flower?

Thanks for the info!

-F