Old 11-08-2004, 08:48 PM

Default tubing

Rob wrote:
I can't quite figure out the tubing thing: many sites recommend the
black spiral tubing, but in my mind, the ridges will inhibit water
flow compared to smooth tubing. I need 1.25" tubing. Is the
spiraling stuff really the best way to go? It seems expensive...

Thanks in advance.

Rob... as you have seen from the various posts there are a myriad types
of tubing...

To your question the black spiral tubing I've seen referred to the most
is "no kink" tubing and it is virtually smooth Inside... the spirals
are on the outside.

Now if you are using this tube on your suction line the spirals will
also help keep the tubing from collapsing from too much suction... it
is not as tough as PVC/ABS but much easier to work. Even if you choose
not to go with this you will probably need some sort of rigid or
semi-rigid tube for this purpose.

If it is for the out-put from your pump then any polyester reinforced
tube will be fine...barring really odd conditions the water pressure
alone will keep in the right shape.