Old 12-08-2004, 01:30 AM
The Watcher

Default An all-natural snake repellent? This one has many benefits!

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:17:09 GMT, Suzie-Q wrote:

In article ,
(The Watcher) wrote:

- On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:04:12 -0700, earl wrote:
-
- (snip)
- And now to a message I received from reader E. Stewart, regarding
- humane ways to discourage snakes from taking up residence on your
- landscape:
-
- Since I started keeping guineas, I've seen almost no snakes(alive, that is).
- I've seen a few small dead ones that the guineas killed, and have actually
- seen
- the guineas escorting larger snakes to the edge of the property, but the
- guineas
- usually spot snakes before I see them nowadays. Of course, that includes ANY
- snakes. The guineas don't care whether it's a good snake or a bad snake.
- They
- don't seem to like any snakes.

How are guineas with dogs and cats, or vice versa? I've thought about
getting some, but don't want them to end up dead.

Depends on the dog. Haven't seen any problem with the cats, but some dogs will
kill guineas and chickens. Guineas are usually a little tougher and smarter than
chickens. The popular rumor is that guineas will help with ticks, but I've never
seen mine eat any ticks, even when I held a tick right in front of them.