Old 12-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Roy

Default Boundry fencing- which way round should the panels be?

On 11 Aug 2004 13:00:29 -0700, (davew)
wrote:

===What is the convention when installing panel fencing along a boundry
===as regards which way round the panels should be? I have entered into
===a minor disagreement with a neighbour on this subject. Should the
==="pretty" side face into my side or considerately out to the neighbours
===garden?
===
===Answers on a post card please (or my email address)
===
===Regards
===
===Davew

As long as its your fence and your buying it, you can put it up any
which way you desire............ I put all my fence up on my property
so its a minimum of 4 feet off the property line as it saves disputes
when I want to change things at a later date and also keep neighbors
from hanging stuff or pileing up junk against it. I leave enough room
for my L & G tractor to cut the grass and do what ever may be
necessary on the "other" side of the fence like repairs etc. Your
friendly good neighbors could move tomorrow and you could windup with
some jerks........ Then again if you do not have much property that
can be sacrificed by installing fencing off the property line yo may
not have any other choice.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.