Old 12-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Warren

Default self propelled mower opinions wanted

Craig wrote:
Forgot to add the following:
My yard is flat, about 0.4 acre, relatively few obstructions (at this

time,
but my wife has me planting more every year! :-) ).

Don't think of them as obstructions. Think of them as lower maintenance
than the lawn they replace.

As far as an opinion on any of the mowers listed, I have none. But if
those obstructions are resulting in tight areas, and frequent turning,
big rear wheels, or pivoting front wheels may be something to consider.
It doesn't take much to push a mulching mower in straight lines on an
even grade, and self-propelled helps with those medium grades, but if
you have lots of corners and tight spots, you need maneuverability.

Also keep in mind that self-propelled mowers are heavier, so if you have
lots of corners and tight places, but no grades to speak of,
self-propelled may be a feature that hinders more than it helps.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Electric and cordless power tools for the garden:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html