Old 06-08-2004, 02:12 AM
Candleman

Default floating plants

GD wrote in message . ..
American spongeplant, aka frog's-bit (Limnobium spongia). I find it
to be as effective as waterhyacinth or waterlettuce in nutrient
abatement, more attractive, and am especially fond of the fact that
it is native (and legal) in my area (Texas). Added bonus: it
overwinters just fine in north Texas, and begins work outcompeting
algae about a month earlier than the exotics.

GD

I'm in the Dallas area and am interested in where I can obtain the
American spongeplant. Any suggestions? As you say, everything else is
illegal.