Old 07-08-2004, 04:26 AM
figaro

Default Pond plants taking over help

I just read that the tropical night bloomer "Emily Grant Hutchings" can be
planted in an 8 or 10 inch pot to reduce the size of the leaf spread without
sacrificing flower production. Perhaps reducing the size of the pots may
improve your situation? I have no personal experience trying this and read
about it in the Perry Slocum and Peter Robinson book, "Water Gardening-Water
Lilies and Lotuses." They are well known in the water garden industry.

There are many dwarf cultivars that are naturally small in leaf spread.

From: "rob.smith4"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:16:49 GMT
Subject: Pond plants taking over help

Hi my pond is not enormous and the lillys I have in the pond are huge,and
they are starting to take over,can these be cut back without killing them
all together,finding it more and more difficult to see my fish at all.