Old 12-08-2004, 12:14 PM
GrampysGurl

Default dog digging holes in garden

typically dogs dig holes for 2 reasons. 1- to get cool. If they dig
a big hole and lay in it, that is probably why. #2 - they are bored.
Maybe they need some undivided play time or walking. Crazy, maybe,
but when I had one dog he dug all the time. Got a second dog - the
digging stopped, guess he was not bored anymore.

Some breeds of dog are known to dig, Beagles come to mind. They hide things. To
say a dog can be trained to not dig IMO is an incorrect one, for some dogs it's
natural... excessive digging is another thing and I also agree with your
statements above as well.
Colleen
Zone 5 CT