Old 09-08-2004, 07:47 AM
zookeeper

Default Got them ID'd bought a book....was ID aquatic plants please and a questin or two

Our koi will not eat the azolla, but they love the duckweed. Can't remember,
but you have a "lake" pond don't you? In that case, I think I would keep the
duckweed in a barrel, bucket, etc. and feed by handfuls to the koi in a
feeding hoop (join ends of tubing so it's watertight and float duckweed,
food, etc. in center.) I don't think I would introduce azolla to a large
lake pond. Just me.
We had problems with the roots from the azolla causing a lot of extra pond
bottom garbage, so we were glad to see the ice kill it one winter.
--
zookeeper
Oregon, USDA Zone 7

"Roy" wrote:
They turned out to be duckweek and azolla.......

So now what do I do with the stuff.Use it or not. Some places on the
web and books say fish love it ...