Old 12-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Stephen Howard

Default Pepper plant help please

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:15:27 +0200, Tim Challenger
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:53:59 +0100, Stephen Howard wrote:

Is it commonplace for the leaves to droop down? If it weren't for the
fact that the plants are producing fruits I'd suspect them of being a
bit out of sorts...almost as though suffering from overwatering (
which isn't at all likely! ).

Now you mention it they do tend to droop a bit. It looks like they're
wilting? I don't know what causes that, but it doesn't seem to bother them
much. Maybe they *are* wilting and need more water?

Ah, so it's not just me!
I don't think it's more water they need - when they started putting on
growth I was rather concerned about the drooping leaves, so I made
sure they got plenty of water. Made no difference.
I then thought that perhaps they might prefer it a little on the dry
side - but that made no difference either.

I had a few spare plants left over - so I bunged them in the veg plot
on the off-chance they'd grow away.. they didn't seem to do that well,
but I did notice that the leaves were significantly 'perkier'...so
perhaps as Kay suggested it's got something to do with the heat..and
possibly the humidity.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk