Old 12-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Ben

Default banana

wrote in message
Hello,

This year I bought a banana plant. It is growing well, though no
flowers or fruit yet, but a number of little banana plants are growing
from around the base of the big plant. Am I able to transplant these
into new pots and grow new banana plants? Is the plant reproducing, or
are these shoots just new "branches" of the big plant? I'm reluctant
to start digging in case I damage anything.

Thanks.

I too brought a banana plant this year, (from B&Q) and like yours its got
another little shoot growing out the base, its only about 6" so far, with 2
leaves.

As its my 1st babana plant I'll be interested to see what people say about
transplanting it, will keep an eye on this thread.

Ben