Old 12-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Kay

Default Pepper plant help please

In article , Tim Challenger
writes
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:35:24 +0100, Kay wrote:

I've noticed other Solanaceae wilt a bit in the heat, even if well
watered, and perk up a bit in the cool of the evening.

You're probably right, I normally to grow chillis and they don't do that so
much. It may be just imagination but do they seem to wilt less if it's a
bit windy? Maybe the high humidity stops them transpiring?

Maybe, but that should make things better, shouldn't it? High humidity,
less water loss, no wilting. Wind, high water loss (just as plants can
succumb to drought in windy cold winter weather), plants wilt?
--
Kay