Old 12-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Kay

Default mildew on tomato

In article , Fiev
writes
dear franz martin and kay

thanks for your welcome to this ng - my photos have been scanned with
zonelabs security suite before posting so you needn't worry. sorry to offend
but there's no set of rules to read when you subscribe to this newsgroup so
i don't know how i was meant to know. btw, what exactly does enmed mean?
thanks for all your horticultural advice.

There is a weekly post specifically regarding this group entitled
something like 'abc for newcomers' which, if you have heeded the general
advice to newbies to lurk for a while before posting, you will no doubt
have seen; and the restriction on posting pictures applies to *all* ngs
except for those specifically labelled as accepting binaries.

there are many sites dealing with 'netiquette ' - how to post politely
on the internet - try for example

http://www.people.man.ac.uk/~zlsiira/Netiquette/

which has a section specifically on newsgroups. I would suggest you read
this before posting to other ngs - I can think of several where your
manner of posting would be treated with much less tolerance than it has
been here.

I'm afraid, as I said in my post, that I was totally unable to give you
horticultural advice since my ISP, in common with many others, simply
does not pass on emails with pictures attached to non-binary groups -
even I cannot identify plants by telepathy. I was pointing out to you
that by posting as you had, you were making it difficult for people to
help you. My post was perfectly polite - the tone of your reply was not.

--
Kay